A Complete Introduction to NMR Spectroscopy is written by Roger S. Macomber and published by John Wiley and Sons Inc.
Now a days Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Spectroscopy is widely used in worldwide forstructure elucidation of compounds/molecules and this book is very useful to understand the basics of modern Nuclear Magnetic Resonance(NMR) Spectroscopy
Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy has made quantum leaps in the last decade, becoming a staple tool in such divergent fields as chemistry, physics, materials science, biology, and medicine. That is why it is essential that scientists working in these areas be fully conversant with current NMR theory and practice.
This down-to-basics text offers a comprehensive, up-to-date treatment of the fundamentals of NMR spectroscopy. Using a straightforward approach that develops all concepts from a rudimentary level without using heavy mathematics, it gives readers the knowledge they need to solve any molecular structure problem from a complete set of NMR data. Topics are illustrated throughout with hundreds of figures and actual spectra. Chapter-end summaries and review problems with answers are included to help reinforce and test understanding of key material.
From NMR studies of biologically important molecules to magnetic resonance imaging, this book serves as an excellent all-around primer on NMR spectroscopic analysis.
- Spectroscopy: Some preliminary considerations
- Magnetic properties and nucleir
- Obtaining an NMR spectrum
- A little bit of symmetry
- The 1H and 13C NMR spectra of Toluene
- Correlation proton chemical shifts with molecular structure
- Chemical shift correlation for 13C and other elements
- First-order (weak) spin-spin coupling
- Factors that influence the sign and magnitude of J: second order (strong) coupling effects
- The study of dynamic processes by NMR
- Electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy and chemically induced dynamic nuclear polarization
- Double resonance techniques and complex pulse sequences
- Two-dimensional nuclear magnetic resonance
- NMRstudies of biological important molecules
- Solid-stat NMR spectroscopy
- NMRin medicine and biology: NMR imaging
Sưu tầm: http://chemistry.com.pk/